To celebrate the release of my steamy new adult contemporary romance novel, Sweet Redemption, I created the Sweet Treat series and I’m so excited to share my healthy strawberry jam recipe. I absolutely adore jam and I have fond memories of strawberry picking with my dad and going home to make mason jar (after mason jar) of jam.
In the spirit of nostalgia, let’s learn how to make healthy strawberry jam, shall we? There’s no need for all the sugar and we might as well add some superfoods and protein while we’re at it. If you missed the first recipe in the series, check out my birthday cake protein balls that have been getting rave reviews.
Speaking of reviews, have you been on Goodreads to see what readers are saying about Sweet Redemption? I’m loving all the feedback. It makes my heart so happy and keeps me motivated to keep writing steamy stories for you. I’m currently working on a rom com with my dear friend, Marlo Lanz, and I’m writing the Gamechanger series on my own. I can’t wait to bring you both!
Now let’s celebrate Sweet Redemption with some jam.
Healthy Strawberry Jam
My easy, three ingredient healthy strawberry jam is the perfect alternative to the sugar laden conventional variety and still tastes great!
This recipe makes two mason jars of jam.
- 1 454 container of strawberries (I recommend organic if your budget allows)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of birch xylitol or sweetener of choice (you can also use honey, agave or even maple syrup)
- Cut the leaves off the strawberries and simmer them on low heat in a saucepan
- When the strawberries start to liquify, mash them with a potato masher (or fork)
- Add the lemon juice and sweetener (birch xylitol, honey, agave or maple syrup) if you’re using it, stirring with a wooden spoon until well combined
- Remove from heat and add the chia seeds, stirring with a wooden spoon until well combined. If you want thicker jam, add more seeds
- Put the jam in a mason jar and store in the fridge. It stays fresh and delicious for almost 2 weeks (if it lasts that long – it doesn’t at our house!)
What’s your favourite kind of jam?
Note: I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full legal page here.