Buster has destroyed countless so-called indestructible dog toys. He’ll be turning 6 next week, so I’m pleased to say we have finally found several companies making high quality indestructible dog toys that last years. Buster still has one bone from puppyhood, so that’s saying something (and believe me, he’s tried to kill it).
As experienced dog guardians, friends and new dog people often ask us which food and toys we recommend. Buster is currently on an elimination diet while we figure out what has been triggering his allergies lately and he’s only eating kangaroo protein for the next 30 days (yes, really).
I have compiled a list of the best indestructible dog toys we have in our home and can 100% stand behind (and I’m not being paid to say that). It’s frustrating to waste money on toys your dog immediately ruins, so I’m trying to save others from what we went through (hint: nothing soft. Rather than cuddle his teddies, Buster murdered them).
Interested in other dog content? Check out my safe and effective home remedies to treat your dog’s common ailments at home without the hefty vet bill and my recipe for frozen dog treats that Buster and his foster brother gobbled up. Also, you can always find extra pictures of Buster on Instagram. Don’t forget to follow our hashtag #authoropwrites, turn on our post notifications, and show Buster some love with a like or follow!
What is your dog’s favourite toy brand?
Buster’s indestructible dog toys
- JW Pet Company
- Darwin the frog (warning: this toy has a loud squeak, but it’s Buster’s favourite thing on earth, other than his mom, obviously)
- Roller ball
- Tug of war rings
- Bionic (bonus – they float and are perfect for the cottage or pool!)
- Kong Extreme
- Launcher (this will make your dog tired and take a long nap – guaranteed)
- Indestructible balls
- Ball variety pack (includes the popular glow in the dark and whistle balls)
- West Paw
Despite being able to destroy them, we also buy Buster a slew of tennis balls because they are his kryptonite. We supervise him and take them away when they become swallow-able (so approximately 12 seconds). Seriously though, Chuckit! tennis balls have a thick core and do last much longer than the traditional ones.
James’ photography essentials
- James shoots with a fancy (and expensive) camera, but highly recommends the Canon Rebel as a great entry option
- A sturdy tripod and carrying case are crucial accessories
- If you’re often out and about on adventures like we are, you’ll also need a cleaning kit
Note: I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full legal page here.