Sometimes I enjoy spending the day in the kitchen making elaborate meals and other times (okay, most times) I prefer to have dinner on the table in 30 minutes (or less!), which meal planning allows me to do. Sheet pan dinners have been floating around Pinterest for ages, but I’ve only recently tried them out and they are now a weekly staple at our house.
I don’t follow any particular diet, but we do add paleo and keto meals to our weekly rotation to balance out the more carb-heavy ones (like my prosciutto pizza!). I don’t believe in eliminating entire food groups, but we do eat organic and non-GMO, limit gluten and refined sugar, and completely avoid soy. We eat plant-based as often as possible and treat meat as a side dish instead of the climax (romance writer, remember?).
At the cottage over the weekend, we wanted to spend as much time outside as possible and also wanted to break up the grilling. I threw together an easy sheet pan dinner that took me less than 30 minutes and gave us 6 servings, which is ideal when you need a healthy lunch for work the next day (James is at work this week, but I’m on vacation before we head to the cottage for 10 days on Friday – can’t wait!).
To see bonus pictures of Buster the boxer with the banana cookies, head over to Instagram. Don’t forget to follow our hashtag #authoropwrites, turn on our post notifications, and show Buster some love with a like or follow!
30 minute sheet pan dinner that’s paleo, keto and gluten free
This easy, healthy sheet pan dinner comes together in less than 30 minutes, is packed with protein and flavour, and is friendly to paleo, keto and gluten free diets.
This recipe serves 6.
For the seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of high heat oil, like avocado or grapeseed oil
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red peppers
For the sheet pan:
- 4 organic chicken sausages (or protein source of choice), cut in pieces
- 2 broccoli crowns, chopped
- 2 cups of green beans
- Optional: you can serve over rice or quinoa if you’re not following a carb-restricted diet
Pro tip: you can use whatever vegetables you want to customize this recipe. For a splash of colour, try baby carrots!
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano and crushed red peppers in a small bowl
- Place the cut organic chicken sausage in a large bowl with the chopped broccoli and green beans and coat with avocado or grapeseed oil (I used my Misto to add the perfect amount)
- Add the seasoning, put a lid on the bowl, and shake the contents until everything is well coated
- Put a silicon mat on your baking sheet and pour the contents on top to avoid mess and any sticking to the pan
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350º and serve either as is or on top of rice or quinoa if you’re not following a carb-restricted diet
Note: I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full legal page here.